If you are looking for ways to fix the “iPhone email not updating” issue, this article is what you need! In this article, you can find four easy ways to fix this issue easily.
Why iPhone Email Won’t Updating?
There are many reasons that may lead to iPhone email won’t update. Here we will list some of the most common reasons. You can refer to the following reasons:
1. Internet-related issues. If your internet is weak or fails to connect, you won’t update the email.
2. Notification is turned off. If your notification has been turned off by you, you will fail to update your email timely.
3. You have disabled fetch new data.
Based on these above issues, we are sharing some easy ways to fix it:
Method 1. Check your network connection
Method 2. Check Notification on Settings
Method 3. Make sure the option of Fetch New Data is on
Method 4. Enable Background App Refresh
How to Fix iPhone Email Not Updating:-
- (Method 1. Check your network connection)
First, you need to make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi or cellular. If it does connect, just try to turn it off and reopen it again. If it still disconnects to the network, you can go to reset your network to have a try. Here’s how to reset.
Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Through this way, you will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.
(Method 2. Check Notification on Settings)
You can go to check if you have turned the notification of Mail app off. If it is off, just turns it on. In addition, you can also choose the ways to show the alerts of your mail app: show on the lock screen, show in history or show as banners. Here are the steps for you to make it:
- Go to the settings > Notification.
- Tap Allow Notifications.
(Method 3. Make sure the option of Fetch New Data is on)
You can go to settings and check if the option of Fetch New Data is on. If it is off, your iPhone mail will fail to update. You can follow the steps below to conduct it.
1. Go to Settings > Tap Account & Passwords > Tap Fetch New Data.
2. Turn on the Push button, then new data will be pushed to your iPhone from the server when possible.
3. In addition, you can set the schedule for fetching.
(Method 4. Enable Background App Refresh)
If the methods we mentioned does not work, you can try to allow your apps to refresh their contents by enabling Background App Refresh. What you need to do is:
1. Go to Settings > Tap General > Tap Background App Refresh.
2. If it is off, just turns it on.